Garlic weight loss tips
Tried many fad diets, instant weight loss programs and slimming therapies and not satisfied with the results? It’s time to rethink everything you once held true about weight loss.
A reliable weight loss regimen should have 2 qualities – nutritional diet + burn calories. When it comes to burning calories, you know the drill – exercising, brisk walking or yoga. Well, here we will talk about Garlic – A natural antibiotic and latest nutrient in the battle of weight loss.
Garlic for Weight Loss – What’s so Beneficial About it?
Garlic has a very long history in treating many health ailments, yet researches have concluded that it has a vast impact on weight loss as well. Its health benefits are mentioned in Bible, Talmud, Chinese, and Egyptian Medicine and Ayurveda. Here’s how it works…
- Garlic stimulates the satiety hormone which reduces binge eating, sugar cravings, junk food, and oily stuff.
- It releases the norepinephrine, a neurotransmitter which boosts metabolism.
- The allicin present in it lowers blood pressure, cholesterol and insulin levels.
- Garlic inhibits the process breaking down stored fats.
- It is a powerful detoxifier and effective diuretic.
- It contains trace minerals (sulfur, selenium, magnesium, zinc, copper and iron), amino acids and vitamins A, C, and E.
- It helps to dissolve blood clots that lead to heart stroke.
- It has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
- It helps to remove excess mucus from the body.
1) Garlic Cloves
- Crush 2 cloves of garlic.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes. Because when raw garlic interacts with oxygen to produce allcin.
- Use it to season foods, sauce, soups and salad vinaigrettes.
- Alternatively, you can chew 2 garlic cloves on an empty stomach or before going to bed. Remember to brush your teeth to reduce garlic smell.
2) Garlic Juice
- Puree the garlic cloves in a blender.
- Strain the mixture to the collect the juice.
- Drink 1 teaspoon garlic juice followed by a glass of lukewarm water.
- For added taste, mix 1 teaspoon honey to the garlic juice.
3) Garlic with Lemon
- Squeeze juice of 1 lemon in a cup of water.
- Chew 3 garlic cloves followed by the lemon water.
- Or add crush the garlic cloves, stir in the lemon water and drink.
- Repeat the process every morning.
4) Garlic with Honey and Apple Cider Vinegar
- Combine 1 teaspoon each of garlic juice, honey and apple cider vinegar.
- Consume it daily before breakfast.
- Stir in the mixture in a glass of water and drink it.
- For added benefit, include a pinch of cayenne pepper and 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Combine 1 cup each of garlic juice, ginger juice, apple cider vinegar, and lemon juice.
- Simmer the mixture in low heat until it reduced to 3 cups.
- Remove from the flame and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Add 1 cup honey and store in an air tight container.
- Drink 1 tablespoons of the mixture daily before breakfast.
5) Garlic with Milk
- Crush 2 garlic cloves and stir in a cup of raw milk.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes and consume it daily on an empty stomach.
- Crush 3 garlic cloves and stir in a glass of milk.
- Bring this mixture to boil until the quantity reduces to half.
- Let it cool down to room temperature and drink.
- For added benefits, stir in 1 teaspoon honey or a pinch of black pepper.
6) Garlic with Ginger
- Grate 4 chunks of ginger root and mince 4 cloves of garlic.
- To 500 ml of boiling water add ginger and garlic.
- Allow it to steep for 20 minutes.
- Strain and drink it.
- For extra benefits, you can add juice of 1 lemon and 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- If you are on alkalizing diet, add 1/2 teaspoon honey.
- Repeat daily.