new year weight loss tips
Forget about detox or any extreme diet, or giving up all your favourite food in order to lose weight. Instead, follow this fabulous New Year New You plan for losing weight fast that lets you eat – and we mean, really eat!
Devised by Dietitian, Juliette Kellow, this diet plan is guaranteed to help you lose up to a stone in just six weeks – while still enjoying three square meals and snacks each day.
Here at Weight Loss Resources, we don’t believe that losing weight and keeping it off means a life-long sentence of eating sushi, edamame beans, gogi berry juice and poached white fish (like some of our favourite celebs do!).
Instead, like most nutrition experts, we recognise how important it is to have a food plan you can enjoy when you’re losing weight. Of course, it’s vital to eat a diet that includes fewer fatty, sugary and salty foods, and more fruit, vegetables and starchy, fibre-rich foods – both to help us lose weight and stay healthy. But we also know that eating our favourite foods from time to time helps to make losing weight more enjoyable so we don’t feel deprived or that we’re missing out.
That’s why this amazing new plan for losing weight faststill includes foods that most people love, whether it’s chips, biscuits, chocolate, crisps, steak or the odd glass of wine. And it’s this that makes our meal plan so different from many of the other ‘detox’ or ‘deprivation’ diets you typically see at the start of a new year.
Meanwhile, enjoying your favourite foods occasionally means you’ll find it easier to stick to a healthy, balanced diet most of the time. And it’s these newfound good eating habits that will help you lose weight fast and keep it off.
So what are you waiting for? It’s out with the old and in with the new – a new, slimmer, healthier you, forever!
Here’s what to do…
- Simply follow our week-by-week plan over the next six weeks. Choose one breakfast, lunch and dinner each day. Vary your choices to keep meals interesting and to provide you with a range of nutrients.
- In addition to your three main meals, choose ONE snack every day. You may choose from either the SAVE (100 calorie) or SPLURGE (250 calorie) snacks – you’ll find treats in both!
- If you’re stuck for time when you’re trying to loose weight, and want to grab a ready-made meal or sandwich, allow 250 calories for breakfast, 350 calories for lunch and 450 calories for dinner.
- If you follow a vegetarian diet, choose meals marked with a V – you’ll see there are plenty of options.
- Remember, portion size matters when you’re loosing weight! Follow these guidelines:
- All teaspoon and tablespoon measurements should be level
- One small can is equivalent to around 200g
- Jacket potatoes should weigh around 200g
- A small glass of fruit juice should be around 150ml
- Pots of yoghurt should weigh no more than 150g
- A matchbox-sized piece of cheese should weigh 30g.
- Add plenty of vegetables or salad to each meal in the plan. Add fat-free dressing or balsamic vinegar to salads to liven them up and vary your choice of salad ingredients so you don’t get bored.
- Fortunately, this plan for losing weight will help you eat the recommended five different servings of fruit and veg every day to boost your intake of fibre, vitamins and minerals.
- Aim for 2 litres of fluid every day to prevent dehydration. It’s fine to drink water, tea, coffee, herbal tea, diet drinks and squashes as part of your diet plan.
How many calories does the lose weight fast plan provide?
Each breakfast, lunch and dinner, together with the milk allowance, adds up to 1, 150 calories. Choosing a SAVE (100-calorie) snack takes this up to 1, 250 calories; choosing a SPLURGE (250-calorie) snack takes it up to 1, 400 calories. It’s up to you whether you choose to SAVE or SPLURGE, but as a general guideline, if you have less than 1 stone to lose you should opt for the SAVE snack, while if you have more weight to lose, you should choose the SPLURGE snack. If your plan is to lose weight as fast as possible, healthily, stick with the meal plan and leave out the snacks.